Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

January 1, 2012

Wow!  Even writing that date seems absolutely unbelievable!  Spent such a wonderful Sunday in God's house.  We heard two awesome sermons.  There were so many great points brought out that I would have never thought of on my own.  For example, some people are making New Year's Resolutions that 95% will not remember or hold true to by tomorrow.  I am just as guilty as the rest.  I have previously made resolutions: lose weight, stop smoking, etc., that didn't make it past the first week.  Now, that I've given my life back to God, I've had the same resolution: to draw closer to Him.  But, this shouldn't just be a New Year's Resolution.  We should always be trying to draw closer and get into the true "meat" of our salvation.  We really need to take (make) time to get into the Bible and meditate and really listen to what God tries to tell us through His word.

It was also mentioned in the message about being faithful to church.  When a student is in school, if they just decide to sleep in, or go shopping, or whatever else the excuse may be, eventually there will be a consequence.  The same will hold true in our Christian walk.  If you don't stay faithful to church, you will get called to God's "principal" office.  I've been there, not a place I would care to go back to. 

I really have a lot of room for improvement in my Christian walk.  However, I know that if I will read, study, (there is a difference) and reach out to Him that He will take care of me.

~*~Kristen~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment